- The types of personal information we may collect about you include:
- your name;
- your contact details, including email address, mailing address, street address and/or telephone number;
- your credit card details;
- your demographic information, such as postcode;
- your preferences and/or opinions;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys;
- details of products and services we have provided to you and/or that you have enquired about, and our response to you;
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and/or browsing behaviour;
- information about your access and use of our Site, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our Site, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider;
- additional personal information that you provide to us, directly or indirectly, through your use of our Site, associated applications, associated social media platforms and/or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other personal information requested by us and/or provided by you or a third party.
- We may collect these types of personal information directly from you or from third parties.
- We may also collect your contact information (like their email addresses) which, unless you object, may be used:
- to send news, information about our activities and general promotional material which we believe may be useful to you;
- to monitor who is accessing the website or using services offered on the website; and
- to profile the type of people accessing the website.
- If you do not wish to have your personal information used in this manner or for any other specific purpose, you can email us accordingly.
Collection and use of personal information
- We may collect, hold, use and disclose personal information for the following purposes:
- to enable you to access and use our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to contact and communicate with you;
- for internal record keeping and administrative purposes;
- for analytics, market research and business development, including to operate and improve our Site, associated applications and associated social media platforms;
- to run competitions and/or offer additional benefits to you;
- for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information about third parties that we consider may be of interest to you;
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have; and
- to consider your employment application.
- We collect personal information when you input such information into the Site or volunteer that information to receive a service from our Site. The personal information collected on our Site will be used to provide the services that you have requested, such as setting up and managing your orders or purchases. Your personal information may be used in relation to any survey, promotional offer or any competition you may enter on our Site.
Purpose of Collection
- The purpose for which we collect personal information is to provide you with the best service experience possible on the Site.
- We customarily disclose personal information only to our service providers who assist us in operating the Site. Your personal information may also be exposed from time to time to maintenance and support personnel acting in the normal course of their duties.
- By using our website, you consent to the receipt of direct marketing material. We will only use your personal information for this purpose if we have collected such information direct from you, and if it is material of a type which you would reasonably expect to receive from use. We do not use sensitive personal information in direct marketing activity. Our direct marketing material will include a simple means by which you can request not to receive further communications of this nature.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
- We may disclose personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, debt collectors, maintenance or problem-solving providers, marketing or advertising providers, professional advisors and payment systems operators;
- our employees, contractors and/or related entities;
- our existing or potential agents or business partners;
- sponsors or promoters of any competition we run;
- anyone to whom our business or assets (or any part of them) are, or may (in good faith) be, transferred;
- credit reporting agencies, courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities, in the event you fail to pay for goods or services we have provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers, as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia; and
- third parties to collect and process data, such as Google Analytics. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
How we treat personal information that is also sensitive information
- Sensitive information is a subset of personal information that is given a higher level of protection under the Australian Privacy Principles (APP). Sensitive information means information relating to your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion, trade union or other professional associations or memberships, philosophical beliefs, sexual orientation or practices, criminal records, health information or biometric information.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
- Restrict: You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information. If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by contacting us using the details below.
- Access: Pursuant to APP 12, you may request details of the personal information that we hold about you. An administrative fee may be payable for the provision of such information. In certain circumstances, as set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), we may refuse to provide you with personal information that we hold about you.
- Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We will take reasonable steps to correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or out of date.
- Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the APP and wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the alleged breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint.
- Unsubscribe: To unsubscribe from our e-mail database or opt-out of communications (including marketing communications), please contact us using the details below or opt-out using the opt-out facilities provided in the communication.
Storage and security
- We are committed to ensuring that the personal information we collect is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
- We use different technologies and procedures to assist with protecting personal information from unauthorised access, loss, alteration, disclosure or use. Some of the safeguards we use are physical access controls, information firewalls and access authorisation controls to where your personal information is transferred to and from our service providers. Our commitment to data security means:
- we have procedures to limit access to personal information within our organisation;
- we use security measures and technologies within our organisation to protect your personal information; and
- we use service providers that can establish that they have secure controls relating to software security, access security and network security, including where credit card information is being transferred.
- Your personal information may be transferred overseas or stored overseas for a variety of reasons. It is not possible to identify every country to which your personal information may be sent. If your personal information is sent to a recipient in a country with data protection laws which are at least substantially similar to the APP, and where there are mechanisms available to you to enforce protection of your personal information under that overseas law, we will not be liable for a breach of the APP if your personal information is mishandled in that jurisdiction. If your personal information is transferred to a jurisdiction which does not have data protection laws as comprehensive as Australia’s, we will take reasonable steps to secure a contractual commitment from the recipient to handle your information in accordance with the APP.
Cookies and web beacons
- We may use web beacons on our Site from time to time. Web beacons (also known as Clear GIFs) are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitor’s behaviour and collect data about the visitor’s viewing of a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
Links to other websites
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
Kustom Engineering Pty Ltd T/A Watercom (A.B.N. 24 166 209 454)
Last update: 4 May 2022